Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


This weekend officially starts the summer vacation season and I think Michigan is going to have a booming year. Wish I could say the same for the automotive industries. But the state has finally decided to diversify and tourism is one of these industries. I am adding another reason why people from nearby states and even from Florida to Missouri to even out West come here. 

I have some older photos I plan on scanning for neat tourist spots in the Upper Peninsula but currently have many more from my digital collection and that makes them current. 

Anyway here is a favorite of mine, as it is in an area of my mother's side of the family in Tawas City, Michigan. It is on the Au Sable River just north of the city. This river is more a lake, with it's hydroelectric dams that help this part of the state be green, or should I say (has been green for over 50 years and more). 

Stay tuned, I will post more, plus I will have other topics as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home